Thursday, December 6, 2007

Esme`

10/30/07
So my goal in life is to be like Esme`Raji Codell.
She is suuuuch an amazing woman.
I want her to come to SGS/RSC and speak to all education majors!

The ideas of the time capsule, the classroom library, American girl visiting authors, etc, were amazing!!

The most important thing I noticed about Codell was her ability to connect with students that came from unfortunate family and socioeconomic situations.
I can't imagine what it would be like to see students that come from extreme poverty. I used to work @ an after school program in Troy that helped many children that were victims of poverty, however the poverty wasn't as severe as it can be.
While these students I worked with all came from older, decrepit homes, one of their parents were either in jail or fresh out of jail, they still had on "fresh" sneakers, designer clothes, and they were always kept up and clean.
Esme`s students were different and the bond she formed with most of them were exquisite.
I hope to instill a level of self control and confidence in my students that Esme` put in hers as well.
This week is a short entry as my life has been devoted to homework and reading.
Please excuse me!

No comments: