Thursday, December 6, 2007

October...

So I took a week off in my diary @ home, and caught back up....
October 16th-18th.
Much has been going on in my life!
I've broken up with my boyfriend of 5 years and decided to move on to bigger and better things.
To quote Sarah Jessica Parker as "Carrie Bradshaw" in Sex and the City, "While some people are settling down, some people are settling, and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies" I don't think that anyone should settle for anything less than butterflies. I realized the butterflies were gone and realized it was time to pack it in and move on.

The website and you tube activity helped keep my mind off of a failing relationship and focused my attention on the finer things in life; a higher education, a desire to learn, and a passion for education.
I enjoyed the you tube activity because I am such a fan of the website and didn't even realize what a great teaching tool it could be!
You can practically find every battle scene from any war epic you want right on you tube!
You can also find great speeches, great drama, and silly parodies on the most controversial and classic moments of history all on one website!

For the website activity, it let me get more involved with my content area and let me focus on how I want to use the world wide web with my teaching strategies.
I won't know for sure how much I will be able to use technology in the classroom as I am student teaching and eventually teaching, however learning all I can now helps.
Ideally, I'd like to incorporate the web into my teaching at least once a week.
In a perfect world, I'd be able to do this, but, as I venture into my own classroom, I will see how much I can use!

No comments: