Friday, December 7, 2007

Taking Criticism Constructively...

November 27, 2007.
I'm very annoyed after tonight's class. Why is it impossible for classmates to take criticism constructively? Co-workers apply here for that matter as well.
I try and offer a comment that is helpful, and get evil looks rather than a "I never thought of that."
YES, your idea is great, however it is not the ONLY way to approach the situation.
There are OTHER ways of looking @ the situation.
You may not have the ONLY fresh-fun-inventive way of teaching or staging a classroom.
Perhaps what works in a Christian Reform School may not work in an urban, secular high school. Has anyone ever thought of that?
As my dear friend says, education is not a one size fits all t-shirt that would only fit Paris Hilton....

I feel as though this blog is turning into a rant, but come on.
Rather then bitch and moan at me and give me dirty looks, just accept the fact that I may have another way of looking at this situation and am not "shooting down" your idea.
Perhaps I think your idea is actually a good one, but just know it wouldn't work in MY classroom because I have a pretty good rapport and understanding of the 17 year old brain.
When I was 17 years old, I sure as heck wouldn't be concentrating on Social Studies, I'd be staring at the cute Football player next to me!

No comments: